Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A great CD release and recital reflections.

Good evening!

I thought I should start out with something musical.  And guess what?!  It's great timing this week, as my very own vocal instructor, Renée Yoxon, will be releasing her second album on Friday at the NAC.  As far as I know, tickets are still available.  The show will be at 730pm on the fourth stage.  If you are not able to make it, you really should check her music out on her site reneeyoxon.com, or come to the Mercury Lounge on a Monday evening(free cover!) from 9pm to 11pm.  Have a listen, you will love her!

This week is an exciting time, as I will be having the kid's recital on Sunday afternoon and an adult wine and cheese "recital" on Tuesday.  While I remember being quite nervous at recitals when I was younger, I try to make my own recitals more about having fun and showing what has been learned, rather than a pursuit of perfection.

Christmas recitals are my favourite, since I love the holidays and Christmas music.
I have been working on Christmas music since just after Thanksgiving!  How long have you been listening?!

No comments:

Post a Comment